Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night before Christmas....

and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse!!!


What a lovely thought, but not very accurate for a house with 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a nana LOL there is always something stirring in my house! Christmas eve in my house is ran like a military mission - Nana watches guard and sounds the alarm if someone has one of those midnight potty breaks or needs a drink -- btw why do kids insist on using the restroom furthest from them LOL --- My job is to follow through with the mission of getting all the presents and stocking set up as quickly and efficiently as possible without getting caught. We had a pretty close call last year but so far I have yet to have a failed mission (knock on wood)!


I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas Eve! I have spent mine running around to get donuts for tomorrow (krispy kreme has the cutest snowmen donuts), buying a few bratz at toys r us (btw NEVER go to Toys R Us on Christmas Eve!!!), Grocery Shopping (again NEVER do this on Christmas Eve), and now catching up my blog!


First let me touch on that grocery shopping trip - I asked my lovely (heavy sarcasm) husband what he wanted for Christmas dinner, I was told whatever, so I named a bunch of things and he said and I quote "dont go too fancy or time consuming so you can relax" hmmm so I planned on a christmas roast, pop it in the crock pot tonight tomorrow afternoon dinner is done! So this same man asked me about 3 hours ago "so you are doing a ham tomorrow right?" Needless to say I am now making a Ham, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potatoes, Corn, Rolls, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing, Gravy, Pumpkin Pie, and Cheesecake. Some items I am cheating on like the pie, cheesecake and stuffing but nevertheless he will have ham LOL.


This holiday season I have done many no-no's, normally I am way ahead and wrapping straggler presents - in fact we just did santa last night!!! What a great experience though! We got there at 4:50 and Santa was gone til 6...in reality he was still there but took a break at 5:30 but they had stopped the line. So the elf helper told us to get in line go grab food and picnic in line, otherwise at 6 we would be facing a 2 hour line. So we did just that - I grabbed chik fil a, and we had a fun picnic right there on the mall floor waiting for Santa, and boy was that elf right. That line was LONG at 6!!! Right at 6 line opened and we were about 4th back and we were done by 6:15. They had a cute set up with a naughty meter - where the kids put their hand on a button and it tells if they are naughty or nice - it lies though both of mine came up very nice LOL


Then they got to mail their letters to santa in this mailbox that shoots out snow!!


Finally Santa was perfect, best one I think I have seen and he was very nice, unfortunately Amanda was tired and did not like sitting in the jolly old stranger's lap LOL Overall though it was a positive experience =)




I Wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, or whatever you do or dont celebrate. Have a wonderful day tomorrow and stay warm and safe!!!


Love the Richarz Family

No comments: